Landlord Services

The number of UK households living in rented accommodation has increased dramatically over the years. Whether you are a well experienced landlord or new to property rental, it is important you have access to reliable and experienced electricians and heating engineers to ensure you have the necessary checks and paperwork in place to meet with your landlord responsibilities.

S H Electrical UK Ltd are here to provide the support for landlords that should make the whole process a lot less stressful and time consuming. Whether this be information regarding current regulations, providing the required paperwork, setting up reminder services to tell you when checks are due or providing engineers to resolve any maintenance and breakdown issues we are here to help.

With a dedicated team in the office, we are also able to assist with booking the required appointments with your tenants directly therefore saving time for landlords in the process. One of the benefits of working across both the electrical and heating disciplines is we can plan work required with the minimum amount of disruption for your tenants.

A landlord must provide a tenant with the following:

  • A gas safety certificate (CP12). A landlord must provide tenants with a copy of this certificate before they occupy the property and must give the tenant a copy of the new certificate after each annual gas safety check, if there is a gas installation or appliance.
  • A record of any electrical inspections. Under the Electrical Safety Standards in the Private Rented Sector (England) Regulations 2020, landlords must get their property electrics checked at least every five years by a properly qualified person. This applied to new tenancies from 1 July 2020 and existing tenancies from 1 April 2021. The electrics must be safe, and landlords must give you proof of this.
  • Evidence that smoke alarms and any carbon monoxide alarms are in working order at the start of the tenancy. Tenants should then regularly check they are working.

Whether you have one rental property or hundreds of properties the requirements are the same. If you require any additional information the team in the office is on hand to take your call 01228 631447.

Landlord Services in Carlisle, Cumbria

Greymoor Barn, Kingstown Road, Carlisle, Cumbria, CA3 0HS

01228 631447
07464 677538 (24hr call out)

Please fill the required field.
Please fill the required field.